– Check that everything is up to date
– Answer any new comments
– Write new posts
– Find pictures
– Post a few new things
– Share blogposts
– Check out new followers and follow back
– Answer comments
– Engage with people
– Join post sharing and blogging threads
– Read blogs, and comment on them (one of my favourite things to do. It can be such a time stealer but I love it.)
– Write (I try to get at least 400 words down every day)
– Edit (I am not an edit as you go person. So I’ll write on one project and edit on another project)
– Checking up on schedules
I know it doesn’t seem like a lot of writing for an author, but the 400 words is my minimum (5 days a week). I know people who can easily write 5000 words every day, and I think they are amazing, but I simply can’t do it. That is one of the reasons I no longer do NaNoWriMo (National novel writing month – where the goal is to write 50K words in one month). I can do it, and have done it more than once, but I’m also completely burned out when I get to the end, and the product I end up with is often such a mess it ends up needing a complete rewrite anyway.
Thanks for reading.