I’ve been trying to incorporate more meatless dishes for dinner, and this has become a fast favorite both for me and the kids.
It’s vegetarian, but if you substitute the butter it’ll be vegan too.
– Butter, 1 tbsp
– Coconut milk, half a can of
– Water, 2 dl(1 cup)
– Chickpeas, 1 can
– Red lentils, 1 dl(½ a cup)
– Cauliflower, roughly chopped, 2 dl (1 cup)
– Broccoli, roughly chopped, 2 dl (1 cup)
– Carrots, sliced, 1 dl (½ cup)
– Boullion cubes, 2 (if you can’t get those, use some other form of vegetable stock, and adjust the liquid as needed)
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
Melt the butter in a big pan. Remove from heat and add all the spices. Slowly heat the spices in the butter, over very low heat. Be careful that they don’t burn or your kitchen will smell awful and you’ll be coughing like a mad woman.
Add the water, coconut milk and all the other ingredients. Let simmer over low heat for 15-20 min (until the vegetables have the consistency you like).
If needed add more water.
Serve with what ever side dishes you like. I prefer bulgur and some good bread 🙂
Busy night tip:
Use frozen vegetables in the curry, directly from the freezer. Just add a bit less water. Taste just as good and makes the whole dish fast and less than 30 min in total.