Today I’m gonna talk about planning your blog content. Not how to do it, but why it’s so important to do.
I’ve been hit by it, and it sucks. My old blog suffered a lot because of it. I felt annoyed and sad and frustrated but no matter how much I stared at my screen I didn’t manage to write anything good.
But… Planning your blog content can help you with blog burnout.
Now, it’s not gonna prevent blog burnout completely, but having content planned and written, already scheduled on your blog for automatic posting, can give you time to breath when needed, and let you be super productive when you are inspired.
Personally I like to have at least 6 months planned, and at least a months blog posts written and scheduled. I work full time, and have two kids, so having the chance to work when the time is right, instead of being forced to write when already stressed out is a life saver.
Here’s a few good things about scheduling:
- If you get sick you get to relax
- You can work hard when you have the time
- It helps you keep an overview of your content
- It helps you reach your goals
- It lets you schedule for holidays/special days
- It frees up time for promoting your content
- Let you schedule your time better
If you wanna learn more about how I plan my blog posts, you can read more here how to plan your blog content