When was the last time you went out alone? To the movies or out for a nice lunch? Most of us rarely go out alone because there’s this idea that it’s embarrassing or weird to go out by yourself. I remember the first time after my divorce that I took myself to the movies. Everyone else was either in a group or going as a couple. I felt totally out of place, but once the movie started I just enjoyed myself and I have gone more than a few times since.
So today I’m gonna share a bunch of things you can do when taking yourself on a “date”. Because, who says you can only enjoy nice things with other people?
- Go out for lunch
- Go to the cinema
- Visit a museum
- Go to a spa
- Go out for coffee and bring a good book
- Visit the zoo/aquarium
- Try a pop-up cooking/yoga/pottery class
- Go to a book reading
- Go to the park with a blanket and picnic basket
- Go out for a drink
- Play tourist in your own city
- Go to a sport event
- Go watch a band play
- Watch a play at the theater (If you choose a local amateur club you support your fellow towns people too)
- Join a pop quiz
- Go out for a fancy dinner
I hope these ideas have inspired you to take yourself on a date and enjoy time in your own company.